Solar Hydronic Heating and Cooling
Consider solar hydronic heating and cooling if you are building or renovating in a southern or inland Australian location with cool winters.
If you are planning an efficient all-electric home or going off-grid then consider hydronic heat pumps, fans, heat recovery ventilation and solar power.
We suggest a holistic approach to heating and cooling your home. This starts with your building design, size, location and your preferences around heating and cooling.
The outcomes for you:
- Low operating costs
- Beautiful indoor air quality and comfort
- Improved home capital value
- Renewables future proofing
- Lower Greenhouse emissions
- Indicative Quick Quote
- Online Shop for heat pumps, air conditioners, ventilators, parts, etc
- Consulting service to assist with your HVAC project design and plans
- Quality installations with our partners and associates
For assistance with your project.
Solar Hydronic Heating and Cooling Design
Hydronic heat pumps require less power than reverse cycle air conditioners. Radiant heating is the most comfortable form of heating. Therefore, hydronic heating and cooling powered by your solar panels should be considered in your building design.
Also, heat pumps can efficiently cool in summer in reverse cycle. They do this by taking heat from inside and transferring it outside.
There are many things to consider including:
- Your climate throughout the year
- Heat load of your home
- Thermal mass to store thermal energy
- Solar power and batteries
- Hydronic heat pumps
- Air conditioners
- Energy or heat recovery ventilation
- Heat pump or solar water heaters
Read more about our partners:
Read more about hydronic design: