An all-electric heat pump water heater is a very energy efficient appliance. It uses about 1/4 of the power of an electric element water heater.
The Stiebel Eltron heat pump water heater is one of best on the world market. It has an integrated all-in-one design with the heat pump sitting on top of the storage tank. This gives it a smaller footprint, which is an advantage with tight spaces.
The Stiebel Eltron all-in-one heat pump water heater is simple to install. Componentry is pre-assembled to minimize plumbing. Plug it into a 10 amp power outlet and you are good to go.
Heating water during the day is an ideal use of your solar power.
The storage tank is very well insulated so it will provide hot water at night when the heat pump is off.
Click here for manuals and data.
Browse the models available in our online shop.
- Hot water storage, 222 or 302 litres
- Electric boost option for quick hot water
- Power consumption just 0.55kWh
- Approx run cost/day $1.00/grid, $0.40/solar
- About 1/4 the run cost of electric element type
- German engineered for Australia
- Very quiet with encased compressor
- Operates down to minus 5°C
- Low heat loss from storage tank
- Suitable for hard or soft water with maintenance-free current impressed anode
- Active defrost function in cold conditions
- All-in-one design for easy installation
- Ideal appliance for your solar PV system
- The storage tank acts like a battery, storing thermal energy for 24/7 use
- Good warranty support from Stiebel Eltron
How it Works:
- A fan draws air through the evaporator
- Thermal energy from the air is transferred
to refrigerant changing it from liquid to gas
- The refrigerant gas is fed into the compressor which makes it very hot by increasing pressure
- The hot gas is circulated around the outside of the water cylinder
- This heats the water inside the tank and
condenses the gas back to liquid
- The pressure is eased by the expansion valve
- The process starts again
- It takes far less electricity to run a compressor compared to an electric element
- The physical process of phase change, liquid/gas/liquid gives off energy
- Direct heat transfer from the wrap around tank refrigerant panels uses no power, hence is more efficient than a heat exchanger with water pump
- These reasons are why the running cost is about 1/4 of an electric element water heater