Stiebel Eltron heat pump water heaters are the ideal option if you have solar power because they don’t take up any roof space, which can otherwise be used for solar panels.
These heat pump water heaters can be operated for a few hours during the day using a small amount of your solar power, approximately 3kWh only. They store the hot water energy in a highly insulated storage tank, making it available to you 24/7 outside the heating cycle, in this way your storage tank acts like a battery.
If you go away on holiday in summer, you don’t need to turn the heat pump off, it will stand-by topping up your hot water when required and stay off during heat waves with no hot water demand. They are the perfect ‘set and forget’ appliance, providing ubiquitous, trouble-free domestic hot water for many years.
Here are some features:
- Power consumption at 15deg ambient air temperature is 0.55 kW
- German engineered
- Designed for Australian conditions
- 17% lower heat loss due to improved tank insulation compared to the previous model
- Quiet operation with an encased compressor design
- Suitable for hard or soft water areas with maintenance-free, current impressed anode
- Operates down to minus 5°C
- Unique roll bond condenser technology for optimal heat transfer
- Active defrost function maintains operation in cold climates automatically
- Single piece design for ease of installation