The Stiebel Eltron Model VLR 70 S Decentralised Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) is installed in pairs with one pushing stale air out whilst the other pulls fresh air in. It’s like your home is breathing!
These units operate for about a minute pushing/pulling air out/in then they change direction. They are located on opposing walls and serve an area of approximately 50m2 using just 14 watts per hour per pair. They are designed to operate 24/7.
The benefits are as follows:
- Capture up to 92% of the outgoing heating energy in winter and cooling energy in summer from the air moving inside and outside across the ceramic heat exchanger
- Make the main kitchen/dining/lounge area feel fresher and airy even with windows closed and the house locked up
- Reduce the build-up of carbon dioxide inside when we breathe, important with air-tight constructions
- Reduce outside pollen and allergens entering via open windows
- Reduce humidity and mould growth